View Single Post
Old 13-09-2014, 04:50 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip View Post
Yep, I don't define bully the same way apparently, and maybe Gary and BB doesn't either?

I'm with a lot of other people in thinking that if you overuse the "bully" card you do a great disservice to those that are being bullied.

If Gary was genuinely being bullied then what were people doing watching it and not trying getting the program shut down?

I'm speaking as one that has been bullied and has seen bullying going on and stepped in to get it stopped, but I don't claim to be an expert.

Read this and then come back to me and see if you don't recognise his behavior in at least two of them. Sorry to hear that you were bullied and I understand what you are saying but as the article states there are so many different types of bully - I am guessing that you suffered the one that we all know?

For me it was a clear sign of bullying. He was a leader of a pack that laughed, belittled. ostracised, ridiculed a guest to this country. It was a concerted effort by two house bullies with different ways of operating to try and get him to crack. Both of these people were warned about their behavior and told in no uncertain terms that they had to change. Notice how early on in the program Bully Elliot started to 'reluctantly' help him. Not through choice. Meatloaf Dee was the same. On both occasions the ensuing help was begrudging and false.

So- clearly you bullying must have been more of the direct physical type? But for you not to recognise the above as bullying surprises me. Just to reiterate- BB did step into stop the abuse of an old man with lots of problems, the Daily Star did run a top saying the ' Most hated man in Britain" - His wife has come out and said he did bully Gary. Ofcom did receive hundreds of complaints about his mistreatment. How much evidence do you want? Oh and a large swathe of Britain thought the same.

Anyway, here you go the 6 types of bullying.

http://bullying.about.com/od/Basics/...f-Bullying.htm

Last edited by delta; 13-09-2014 at 04:51 PM.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote