BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conzors View Post
This has made me stop and think, and maybe i worded what i was trying to express wrong. When it starts to happen frequently and becomes harrasment then it becomes a serious issue. Anonymity can be an issue but then they can also just be blocked.

I just think that anything someone says online can be easily ignored and shrugged to one side as it is someone totally anonymous so it would be easier to block and delete them.

If its cyber bullying from someone they know then surely this counts as normal bullying (which is wrong in all ways) as it transfers from in person to online (which is where the line is drawn)

xx
Well it's cyber bullying when when you can access what has been said about you (or pics that have been put online without your consent) by phone, laptop or any other device. That's the cyber part, and it doesn't matter if you know them, it doesn't change it to a different type of bullying.

And it's called bullying because that is how the person feels. So it's not one or two rude things being said by some, its relentless. And it's not like just being bothered by an anonymous troll. It's usually a person (or people) known to the victim, and they use anonymity, I guess so they don't get caught. Cyber bullying can seriously damage someone's self esteem, and it has been a contributing factor in suicides.

And as I mentioned there isn't an escape from it, even in your bedroom, if you have a laptop or smartphone, the bullies can get you there.