View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 07:18 PM #56
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidHoe View Post
You don't need to claim to be looking down on people for it to come across that way.
..I don't think anyone is 'looking down' on anyone...I doubt there is anyone who isn't a 'hypocrite' to some extent or has never been...and especially with something like BB because we all make allowances for our favourite housemates and are much more critical to the ones we like less..but with the weight thing specifically, it's been similar with many housemates..Becky Hannon for instance..?..there were many cruel threads/posts etc which referred to her weight in an extremely derogatory way which wasn't necessary at all and it was commented on many times on the forum...housemates are there to be 'judged' I know and there is generally lots to judge on their characters without insulting their appearance...and obviously the same with White Dee...she isn't a very pleasant person in my opinion or wasn't in the house, beyond that I don't really have much interest in her life other then to be intrigued about the movie she's making...but I think it's also fair to say that there are many times when unnecessary derogatory comments are made about not just Dee because it happened with Kellie as well and probably other housemate's appearance when that housemate wasn't generally liked/quite unpleasant..appearance is used as an insult/expression of dislike... but if the same comments were made of a housemate who is liked though, then those comments wouldn't be the same and they would probably be commented on if others made them and have been many times....it's kind of, why would it be different..?...if in general you're someone who doesn't think personal comments are necessary to express feelings about someone..not you personally but in general...then why would it matter if it was someone that person didn't like .....