View Single Post
Old 22-11-2014, 09:56 AM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
No Josy, because we were very poor when I was a child and my dear old mum used to overuse it in stews and broths to 'bulk' them out bless her.

That and tinned fruit (for the same reason) are about the only foods which I don't like.

I really love home cooking though Josy and I'm grateful I was raised on good wholesome food - poverty turned out to be a blessing in this respect. It seems you're a keen home cookery fan too. Trouble is, this recipe of yours has got me wanting some now. LOL.
Yeah my mum and mother in law got me into home cooking and I get what you mean about the pearl barley, I actually use it to bulk out things too the same with adding grated carrot and stuff to other things

And get in and make yourself a pot of soup, theres nothing better on a cold winters night IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Me too Josy,what did we do without them,I also like the halogen ovens,mines just broke,but have to get another.
My mother in law uses her halogens constantly she has 2 and uses them for almost everything, she actually got rid of her oven because the halogen takes it's place and so now just has a stove top built into the worktop.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote