View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 09:57 AM #80
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I know the real reason why you have posted the above, but what is your point? Are you claiming that because 'stunning' sometimes fails, that it justifies animals being slaughtered without stunning them?

A bit like saying that anesthesia has been known to sometimes fail so because it is not 'foolproof' , then any backstreet operations where rogue surgeons remove limbs from patients without any type of pain killers are justified.

It is better to support a well-intentioned system that seeks to protect animals about to be slaughtered from pain, than to try to use the occasional failure of such a system to defend systems without any protection at all. In my opinion.
I'll tell you the real reason... I posted on page one that I felt it was unethical, I have been looking for some up to date relevant information relating specifically to the UK that specifies governmental guidelines to back up my view.
I found it and posted it, there is no such thing as a backstreet abattoir as that would be illegal there already are protections in place for all methods of slaughter.
But as seen the stunning method has as many if not more issues attached, even considering there are laws to protect animal welfare.

Last edited by Kizzy; 02-02-2015 at 09:59 AM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote