View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 11:31 PM #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I was responding to your specific post. No Jewish person has posted on here on this specific subject and made the claims you have regarding how 'painless' and 'humane' Halal killing of animals is. If they had stated similar claims in respect of Kosher slaughter I would have responded to their post in exactly the same manner as I did to your post.

I have qualifications in Anatomy and Physiology and understand the central and peripheral nervous systems, which is why I totally refute your claims. There is also a wealth of scientific evidence which rebutts your claims, including the excellent link pasted by Dave 600 - reproduced below:

http://www.mla.com.au/Research-and-d...eef-Cattle/935

In addition, I reproduce below the results of another scientific research project into Religious Slaughter:

"Animals feel the pain of religious slaughter"

"Brain signals have shown that calves do appear to feel pain when slaughtered according to Jewish and Muslim religious law, strengthening the case for adapting the practices to make them more humane.

"I think our work is the best evidence yet that it's painful," says Craig Johnson, who led the study at Massey University in Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Johnson summarised his results last week in London when receiving an award from the UK Humane Slaughter Association. His team also showed that if the animal is concussed through stunning, signals corresponding to pain disappear.

The findings increase pressure on religious groups that practice slaughter without stunning to reconsider. "It provides further evidence, if it was needed, that slaughtering an animal without stunning it first is painful," says Christopher Wathes of the UK Farm Animal Welfare Council, which has long argued for the practice to end."

Finally, Farhad, I have the courage of my convictions and always have had, so you do not need to counsel me to "have" "balls" or question my bravery in any way.

I respond every single time to those who challenge me or who try to ridicule me - no matter if I stand alone and am outnumbered, because I wholly believe in what I say, and try to ensure - by painstaking research - that what what I say is supported by facts.
The link does not exist, and even if they did research which doesn't provide its study method, if ofcourse carried out the wrong way, it will feel pain, hence it should be done by the professional butchers and done in accordance with the appropriate steps and guideline. The study that was carried out was done with the measurement of a machinal graph, and with appropriate action, it gave a sound result. Before posting your reference, need to know the background of these personals. Also they did not provide how they came to that conclusion, how did they detect that animals felts pain, nothing conclusive to show how it detected pain. Also why use anaesthetic?

At long last??!!....Umpteen studies prove that ritual slaughter is the most humane way vs 1.. ONE.. that says otherwise??!! Way to stand up for science Manny Goldstein

Last edited by farhad; 02-02-2015 at 11:36 PM.
farhad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote