View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 03:05 PM #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhad View Post
The link does not exist, and even if they did research which doesn't provide its study method, if ofcourse carried out the wrong way, it will feel pain, hence it should be done by the professional butchers and done in accordance with the appropriate steps and guideline. The study that was carried out was done with the measurement of a machinal graph, and with appropriate action, it gave a sound result. Before posting your reference, need to know the background of these personals. Also they did not provide how they came to that conclusion, how did they detect that animals felts pain, nothing conclusive to show how it detected pain. Also why use anaesthetic?

At long last??!!....Umpteen studies prove that ritual slaughter is the most humane way vs 1.. ONE.. that says otherwise??!! Way to stand up for science Manny Goldstein
This is the whole problem with your perception of 'Truth' and 'Fact' Farhad; you are extremely selective.

Truth is truth and Fact is fact, but where a Truth or a Fact dovetails into your beliefs you accept them, and where they oppose your beliefs, you dismiss and reject them.

There is more scientific evidence that stunning animals prior to slaughtering them is a far more reliable pain-free method than non-stunning ritualistic methods, but you vehemently refuse to even examine such evidence because it 'flies in the face' of what you have been taught is the truth.

I fear that your stance is through blinkered obstinacy, whereas mine is the 'result' of genuine research and deep contemplation on a mind which was absolutely 'open' to begin with.

Although I rely on extensive research and my own intelligence when forming my opinion Farhad, I am always prepared to change that opinion if new information surfaces, and I have done so a few times,though not often.

Anyone who is so rigid in their opinion that they refuse to modify it - even in in the face of overwhelming evidence which proves such an opinion to be wrong - do not make ideal parties to any type of compromise -- in any area.

As for: "the link does not work" - just copy and paste it into Google.

To close, I will reproduce an article on this very subject relating to a news report of undercover filming inside an Halal Slaughterhouse in Thirsk:

"Inside the halal house of horrors:

Sickening footage shows 'evil' abattoir staff 'taunting sheep before hacking them to pieces'

Slaughtermen caught on camera 'hacking and sawing' at animals' throats

Sheep filmed being kicked, with one worker standing on an animal's neck

Staff laughed as a sheep bled to death with spectacles painted on its face

'Horrifying abuse' captured by animal rights campaigners at halal abattoir

One worker has been sacked and another three have been suspended

The Food Standards Agency has launched an urgent investigation

RSCPA and British Veterinary Association condemn 'shocking' footage

100,000-strong BVA petition means slaughter will be debated in Commons

A worker at a halal abattoir has been sacked and three others suspended after being filmed breaking strict rules on slaughtering sheep.

The men could face prosecution for the ‘horrifying yet routine abuse’ captured by animal rights campaigners using hidden cameras.

Slaughtermen at the Bowood Lamb abattoir in Thirsk, North Yorkshire, are seen ‘hacking and sawing’ at animals’ throats in apparent contravention of Islamic practice.

The RSPCA slammed the 'absolutely shocking' footage amid renewed calls to ban halal slaughter, which is opposed by the British Veterinary Association and 100,000 people in an online petition".

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote