Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I was too busy yesterday to respond to your post, and I was preparing to do so this morning, when on the news came a report of undercover filming inside an Halal Slaughterhouse in Thirsk. I'll let a related article about it expound:

"Inside the halal house of horrors:

Sickening footage shows 'evil' abattoir staff 'taunting sheep before hacking them to pieces'

Slaughtermen caught on camera 'hacking and sawing' at animals' throats

Sheep filmed being kicked, with one worker standing on an animal's neck

Staff laughed as a sheep bled to death with spectacles painted on its face

'Horrifying abuse' captured by animal rights campaigners at halal abattoir

One worker has been sacked and another three have been suspended

The Food Standards Agency has launched an urgent investigation

RSCPA and British Veterinary Association condemn 'shocking' footage

100,000-strong BVA petition means slaughter will be debated in Commons

A worker at a halal abattoir has been sacked and three others suspended after being filmed breaking strict rules on slaughtering sheep.

The men could face prosecution for the ‘horrifying yet routine abuse’ captured by animal rights campaigners using hidden cameras.

Slaughtermen at the Bowood Lamb abattoir in Thirsk, North Yorkshire, are seen ‘hacking and sawing’ at animals’ throats in apparent contravention of Islamic practice.

The RSPCA slammed the 'absolutely shocking' footage amid renewed calls to ban halal slaughter, which is opposed by the British Veterinary Association and 100,000 people in an online petition".

When I was at school, as part of our English studies, we had 'Comprehension', where we had to read diverse types of literature - both fact and fiction - and then, in an 'exam' type setting, we had to write essays on what we had read, without the benefit of the source material. This was to prove that not only had we actually read what we were supposed to have read, but also that we fully understood what we had read.

I recommend such a practice to save 'egg on face'.
Put me right off my Kebab.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote