View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 10:52 AM #59
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Some people are good, some people are bad. That's the bottom line. Most people are not extremists, most people don't want to kill other people because they don't share their beliefs. It's an infinitesimally small percentage, just like it's an infinitesimally small percentage of non-religious people who are violent psychopaths. For every act of violence carried out by religious people, there will be at least one and probably many more acts of kindness and compassion. So I don't agree that by having no religion the world would be a better place. All you'd be doing is taking away people's legitimate right to worship in their own way because you yourself have no faith.
I have said quite a few times that I wouldn't see anyone forcibly stopped from believing whatever they want to believe. You can't "force" people not to believe in something, anyway. I just keep hoping that one day everyone will wake up and say, "Why did we ever believe in something like that?? lol..."

I doubt that will actually happen. I think religion MIGHT eventually fade into relative obscurity... But it will sadly be a long after we're gone. So I won't even get to say "toljerso"
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote