BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I personally don't think you can ever call oasis mediocre. Particularly the first couple of albums. However that aside, noël is well within his rights to give his personal opinion on politics....whether the media choose to broadcast, print that is up to them but I guess he was asked his opinion, he gave it He couldn't win, if he didn't give an answer people would say he's just a thick Manc twat who doesn't care about politics, he gave his opinion and is now being told he can't....why not. He is a voting member of the GBP....why should he not give his opinion, just because he's a musician, does that make his views any less his own?
Well put AnnieK.
I agree actually despite what I said above, I also think Oasis were an amazing force of music and creativity as to songwriting as well as brilliant in 'live' performances too.
Champagne Supanova being a brilliant song in itself both on disc and 'live' particularly.

I don't deny his right to his view but I do wish celebrities just indicated if they wanted to, who they would be supporting without the 'being used' bit of then having and allowing themselves to have their opinions over the front pages of newspapers.
The must know and most of them moan at the twisting of things said by our awful press, that they coudl find their commetns all over the front page.

I would prefer them to just say where their leanings are and not go on about it.
I agree with you however,I was myself perhaps a bit too strong in my objection to his comments.
He does have the right to go down that road,then we have the equal right to say if we agree or disagree as to the comments.
Our comments however will not get on the front page of a newspaper.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote