BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
The way you describe above would be OK but you are not really discussing Rape as that would require a discussion that would necessitate some pretty dark descriptions . So I think the word rape is a bit misleading in this context.
I think that is my point as well overall. Rape is a bad word and holds very violent and disgusting images in society as a whole... but for children to be aware about rape factually, that your neighbour, uncle, dad, aunty, etc... are not showing you love by performing these sexual acts to you or with you, is information they need to know so that later in life it doesn't come back on them when they realize they were allowed to say no or tell someone what was happening.

Rape is dark yes, but it also happens to children through manipulation because they don't know it is dark. We don't need to scare them, we need to give them a voice and the power to say no to it.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote