View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 03:18 PM #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
'The Quran contains 109 chapters which exhort the Muslim faithful to perpetrate every type of violence from dismembering to beheading'

'I will support my opinion and any of my contentions with facts,'

How can you suggest you are only against the terrorist faction of this faith and then accuse the holy book used by ALL Muslims compels them to kill?
It seems contradictory to your stance that you have no issue with 'ordinary' Muslims.

Can you support these claims with fact, where is it written that the Quran urges these barbaric acts?
First of all, I note how you request of me PROOF of my contentions when you do not make similar demands of other FM's in respect of their statements in their posts, but being ever the gentleman, I will accede to your request - even though I am most probably the member on here who usually most strives to corroborate his contentions with corroborating facts anyway.

Secondly; I did NOT state that the Holy Book used by all Muslims "compells them to kill" -- I said; "The Quran contains 109 chapters which EXHORT the Muslim faithful to perpetrate EVERY TYPE OF VIOLENCE from DISMEMBERING TO BEHEADING". Once again, there is a categorical difference between what I wrote and what you MISREPRESENT I wrote, and it really is so very important to be as precise as possible if one is going to quote another.

Thirdly; the section of your post which I have emboldened makes no sense at all;

A) How do you justify suggesting that because I point out the very real existence of verses within the Quran which exhort violence that I am 'contradicting my stance' that 'I have no issue with ordinary Muslims'?

To accept your illogical deduction would be to contend that ALL MUSLIMS interpret such verses of violence LITERALLY - when they quite patently DO NOT, because if that was the case Jihadists would not be in the MINORITY and nearly 2 BILLION MUSLIMS would be waging terrorist war on the rest of humanity.

Thank God they are not.

Anyway, on to the verses of violence within the Quran. Because of space limitations and time constraints I - obviously - do not need to post all 109 verses, nor to post each verse in its entirety, so the following should suffice for purpose and any further interest on your part can be satisfied by your own research efforts.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them,”

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you”

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast TERROR into the hearts of the Unbelievers,”

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (4:89) - "... seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (4:95) - "..and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their personsn Faith) Hath Allah promised good..”

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah"

Quran (8:57) - "If thou comest on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember."

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush..”

Quran (9:14) - "Fight them, Allah will punish them by your hands and bring them to disgrace..."

Quran (9:20) - "Those who believe, and have left their homes and striven with their wealth and their lives in Allah's way are of much greater worth in Allah's sight. These are they who are triumphant."

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah..”

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Quran (9:41) - "Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah! That is best for you if ye but knew."

Quran (9:111) - "Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Quran..."

Quran (9:123) -"O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Quran (25:52) - "Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them (Jihad) with the utmost strenuousness..."

Quran (33:60-62) - "...We verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while. Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

Quran (47:3-4) - "Therefore when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners," Those who reject Allah are to be subdued in battle”.

There are other very violent verses in the Quran, and equally as violent passages in the 'Hadith Qudsi' or sayings of the Prophet Muhammad, but with exhortations to 'cut off fingers', cut off heads' and 'fight' and 'kill' in the verses above, further research is really not necessary to convince.

Anyway, I hope that I have satisfied your request Kizzy.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 10-03-2015 at 08:19 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote