View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 04:42 PM #26
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Wouldn't that just be more confusing... if a child was attacked and they didn't know it was 'rape' then how could they explain what had happened to them...They wouldn't have a clue how, what or why.
Well, they could say that they were attacked / hurt by someone and then describe in what way and it should then be pretty obvious.

Like I said I think 11 is just slightly too young for some children. Not for others. I was quite "worldly" as a young child, I loved TV and movies and age ratings were never a concern, and I would say I probably knew and understood a lot of the world's "uglies" from at least 9 or 10. On the other hand, I know a girl who was terrified watching "Doctor Who" when she was 11, and didn't sleep for weeks. So it's just too much for some.

13/14 I would say is a better age for learning about these things in more detail, as that's when most teenagers will have started to develop sexually and some will have started to "experiment" a bit. I do think it's important to educate about it then.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote