Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Coleen Nolan
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Coleen Nolan
BB13: Deana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
It's easy to say that as a white person though who hasn't really faced the same discrimination as black people. As LT said the lack of black actors up for awards was down to the lack of decent roles being given to black actors
I may not have faced discrimination because I'm black (because evidently, im not haha) but i have been the bunt of discrimination for other reasons - but i dont say that the oscars werent 'sexually diverse' this year because not many gay people won an oscar (although the host and his underwear phwoaarrrrrrr)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Oh no, neither do I. But I feel Conzors was questioning why a "thing" is made about the representation of black actors in films.

And the older woman comparison is true. I'm sure Meryl Streep should just have her own category. The only older woman to ever win anything that I can ever remember.
But its not as though they weren't given the part because they were black - it just so happens that the films up for the awards didnt star any black characters - and that is the ONLY reason. It has nothing to do with ethnicity.
Conzors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote