BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Why should Europe overturn tariffs given by us for UK crimes,I don't like that sort of interference,what we do with our criminals is surely down to us.
Because govts; both Labour and Conservative have signed up to such possible interference by the signing of treaties and acts brought forward by the EU and no govt; Labour or Conservative have ever asked the voters to agree to same.

However, that is done now, our govts; and PMs from Edward Heath, Harold Wilson, Margaret Thatcher, John Major, Tony Blair and Gordon Brown, have all signed up to treaties brought forward, so our word as the UK has been given.

Both parties in govt; too have signed away powers from the UK to the EU, John Major and the Masstricht threaty being one of the biggest.
John Major would have been open to joining the Euro too, as was Tony Blair,who wanted to go for it but Gordon Brown said no way at all as to that as the then Chancellor.

I agree it seems wrong but there are what now, around 28 countries in the EU now and all of them are under that same directive just as we are.

So for me, and I agree with your strong point made.
In my view however,we need to try to reform things, if we can, from being fully inside the EU but not now, after agreeing to all these conditions and treaties,not to just pick our ball up and run off whining,because we cannot get our own way all or even most of the time.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote