BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Do we still have the European arrest warrant Joey?.... I can't work out if we do or not :/

'Yvette Cooper (Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford) (Lab): Today we have had a completely shambolic debate. The Home Secretary has given an excellent account of why we should support policies that are not on the Order Paper. She has given an excellent defence of the European arrest warrant, which is not on the Order Paper. I agree with her that the European arrest warrant is immensely important. It helps us to fight crime. It helps the police, in Britain and across Europe, to stop murderers, traffickers and sex offenders. It helps us to deport more than 1,000 suspected foreign criminals primarily to their own countries to face justice. Given that there is a majority in this House in favour of the European arrest warrant, why on earth are we not voting for it? Why the sophistry? Why the games? Why the dancing around? It is just baffling that the Home Secretary is playing games with something so important to criminal justice and to the fight against international crime and terrorism.'

http://www.publications.parliament.u...14111019000001
Confusing,I understand last year this govt wanted to opt out of the european criminal law conditions but at the same time wanted to opt in again to the european arrest warrant system part of it.
I understand we are still in that part of it for now but things will be likely changing again as to the EU directive on european criminal law, so it may well be that we cannot still remain in it,when those changes come forward,if we are opted out of the other conditions again.

No wonder you get confused, this Home Secretary is the biggest waste of space in any govt; past ,present or even likely future one.
She has played dangerous games with security and international cooperation as to crime, in my view.
How she has survived is up to the present, my greatest political mystery.

Last edited by joeysteele; 05-04-2015 at 08:12 PM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote