BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
the US constitution is 13 pages...the European constitution is 587 pages of unreadable nonsense....that sums is up. no one can or has even read the european one in full. the sheer enormity of it the almost infinite ;laws rules and regulations...all designed to milk each european of money to feed these overpaid unelected unaccountable eurocrats.
the ONLY thing that saved the uk from bankruptcy is the pound and controlling our interest rates. GET OUT ASAP. in the meantime lets fight tooth and nail to get as many rules that suit our agenda
Hardly unelected, there is a European parliament which each member nation sends MPs too from their respective european elections.

It isn't that important to have to read every detail of the EU 'constitution' what the people in the UK do need to know is the benefits we acquire from being in the EU and also the drawbacks to being in.

I think if that was ever presented fairly and balanced from the media and indeed UK politicians too.
Then in that case just possibly, the voters would get a better idea of the whole picture with facts, and not just the hysterically prejudiced UKIP version where all is really bad as to the EU, which is ridiculous,or say the Lib Dem version where all is wonderful about the EU, again a ridiculous stance.

I support being in the EU and have no wish for a referendum either at this time,I admit however there are negatives as well as positives to being in the EU but I believe the positives outweigh the negatives.

No other major country hit bankruptcy and the Germans were doing much better than we were for one,and they have the euro not the pound.

Our problem with the EU parliament is we send MPs there who are not committed to it.
We send MPs who become isolated because most of them especially in the last european elections,are anti EU anyway.
We can never really influence happenings in the EU if we keep sending half hearted or disruptive people there on our behalf.
Or have any govt, that casts a cloud over EU membership for almost 5 years.like this present govt; or god forbid elects a govt; that says we have to come out no matter what happens as to any re-negotiations.

I am thankfully not a little Englander, I see the UKs role enhanced in the World by being part of the massive EU, not being a sidelined small island as to the rest of Europe.

UKIPs policy as to the EU,combining it with immigration is the most dangerous policy for the UK overall,in my view.
Just as the pocrastination from this PM over the last 2 and a half years,then wanting another 2+ years to re-negotiate and then hold a 'possible' referendum is also, to me, dangerous and demonstrating terrible leadership of the UK as a whole.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote