CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Good post as usual Nedusa.

I actually agree with a lot (not all) of the New World Order' theories and could even add to them from my own personal experience and knowledge (but won't as I am fed up of (futilely) arguing and 'flogging dead horses) but it is the Jesus/Mithros/Horus claims that I do not accept - especially when the evidence that such claims are wrong is overwhelming.

Why is it that the very same people who constantly criticise people of faith (especially Christians) for believing in 'fairy tales' or 'myths' are yet the most perversely obstinate in their belief of the most false claims of secular of theories - even when confronted by the most irrefutable of evidence?

The entire Dan Brown 'Da Vinci' is based upon lies and deliberately forged documents - yet millions still believe:

1) Brown wrongly says that the ancient Olympics were held ‘as a tribute to the magic of Venus’ (p. 61). In fact, they were held to honour Zeus, the ‘king’ of the Greek gods, and in any case, Venus was a Roman goddess not a Greek one.

2) The Dead Sea Scrolls, discovered in 1947 (not ‘the 1950s’, p. 317), do not contain any ‘gospels’ (p. 331), as they pre-date the New Testament.

3) The Priory of Sion (Brown’s alleged protector of the ‘secret’ about Jesus) was not founded in Jerusalem in 1099 by King Godefroi de Bouillon (p. 217). It was ‘invented’ and registered (to comply with French law) on 7 May 1956 by two Frenchmen, convicted con-man Pičrre Plantard and André Bonhomme. Thus most of Brown’s plot involving Leonardo is based on a proven fraud.

4) Brown describes the Holy of Holies as a subterranean vault under Solo*mon’s Temple in Jerusalem (p. 566). This is false. It was a small room within the Temple, where the High Priest offered sacrifices (1 Kings 7:50).

5) Brown says that the Shekinah was a female deity, equal to Jehovah, residing in this Temple (pp. 411, 584). This is false. Shekinah is a Hebrew word that refers to the visible manifestation of God’s glory.

6) Brown says that the word ‘Jehovah’ is a combination of ‘the masculine Jah with the feminine pre-Hebraic name for Eve, Havah’, which gives the Jewish YHWH (p. 411). This is false. Jehovah is the anglicized form of the Hebrew YHWH, God’s personal name which He revealed to Moses (Exodus 3:14–15).

It is the same with those who continue to wave aloft the con-woman Lynn Picknett's book - " TheTurin Shroud: In Whose Image?" as 'evidence that Leonardo Da Vinci painted the Turin Shroud - despite irrefutable evidence that such claims are rubbish, not least that the Shroud was around over 100 years before Da Vinci was even born.

These anti-Christian con artistes are making a lot of money and converting thousands to their cause, but anyone who really wants to know the truth can find it easily with a little bit of research.
Great post Kirk..............thanks for the info I didn't know just how far Mr Brown had gone to try and create a veneer of "truth" about the claims in his book.

Clever in a way to promote your work of complete fiction with snippets of plausibility and a vignette of "undiscovered fact" thrown in to ensure people will buy it and "learn the truth"...............