BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Still 3 weeks to go and again this election is being ruined by all the talk of deals and coalitions.
In any election the supposition should be all parties are there to win it,so just ask them about their policies and their visions for the UK.

All this who will you go with, is really annoying,to me anyway. Of course root out the really important policies they parties will fight for the mos but spending interview after interview, hour after hour, day after day harping on about doing a deal with this ,that one or no one, really becomes tedious.

It is like the trident issue with the SNP, Greens and Plaid Cymru.okay they will vote against it, in parliament, the Conservatives will renew all 4,the Lib Dems likely 3, Labour certainly 3 but also 4 if the official guidance is that it is necessary to do so.
UKIP behind renewal too.

So where is the issue,all those votes to renew it and leaving still the SNP,Plaid Cymru and the Greens totally free to vote against as to their conscience.
It is a waste of time even raising the issue,let alone discussing it,yet there it is in every interview.
In the past I would have completely agreed with you, but when its more than a 50/50 chance of parties working together after the election, I think its important to see who could form alliances as it could affect voting.

If Clegg had been quizzed more before the last election, it may have been obvious that he would sell his granny for a seat at the table, and the lib dems may not have received the seats to allow a coalition
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote