BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Like I've said it multiple times and it seems to fall on deaf ears but surely the winner of a series has no bearing over your enjoyment of the series. BB6, BB7, and BB9 are all often referred to as 'great' or 'the best' series but had totally bland and/or terrible winners.

By all means keep the 'entertaining' (look, I'm even willing to compromise with you on what constitutes entertainment, because it sure as hell is not Helen Wood) housemates until the very end - through contrived and fixed 'final pass' twists if you must - but don't take the piss and pretend she is in any way a redeemable or 'deserving' winner. The winner should always, 100% be the best 'person' in the final. Anything else (like how much of the series they dominated) should be an after-thought.

I mean really this is not that far off from saying that Jade Goody should have won CBB5 and Shilpa was terrible.

That really depends on why you are watching BB and what you get out of it. While entertainment may be the primary focus in early weeks, by the time it gets to the last few weeks, people have identified who they want to win, and it becomes a battle between those left. Entertainment doesn't enter into it. Thats why Helen won last year imo, and she as much deserved that win as any other BB winner. Its not like a general election, its forgotten the next day, it has no impact whatsoever on anyone.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote