View Single Post
Old 13-05-2015, 12:04 PM #39
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee. View Post
I do hope so Ammi. I definitely coped better with the whole thing whilst we were in hospital last year better than I am now since he's finished treatment. I honestly don't think the fear of relapse will ever go away, but hopefully it'll get easier
..it's not something that will go slowly and easily because it's the most fearful thing that you've had to face and fear and helplessness are such strong emotions and there is always that thing also that his system is low for a year or so because of the illness and also the chemo/medication etc...so he'll be open to being susceptible to catching things, which will always bring those feelings back...but I think in time and as he gets stronger and stronger and catches things less, then the fears for you will fade, it's not that you'll forget obviously but you just won't worry in the same ways that you do now and feel dread...I know lots of children who have had cancer just because of working in a school for so long and after the same fears etc that you feel, they're more.....you are going to school today, it's just a cold now go and get dressed....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote