View Single Post
Old 23-05-2015, 08:59 AM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I agree there, all parties have their loose cannons and people with ill advised or ill termed comments.

Gordon Brown stands almost head and shoulders above all of them for his 'bigot' rant as to the Rochdale Labour voter.

That is the 'Mother of them all' for me,especially in an election campaign and from a Prime Minister too.
I also agree with your Gordon Brown remarks Joey. These 'incidents' - in ALL parties - actually make me wonder sometimes just if there are covert 'anti-party' members who are actually TRYING to sabotage their own party's prospects.

I mean, in some particular examples, the 'gaffe' is so PATENTLY going to be captured and made public, that it's beyond comprehension that it WAS committed without 'malice aforethought'.

I just wish they would ALL just become more honest, concentrate MORE on straightforward policy rather than assassinating other politicians - whether from INSIDE or OUTSIDE their own parties - and ALL stop lying.

Perhaps then, the rest of us lesser mortals will not only be more prone to follow their example, but also be able to make up our political minds based PURELY on POLICY and TRUTH rather than propaganda, spin and deception.

I am certain that when it comes down to it - whether Tory, Labour, Lib-Dem or UKIP - that ALL we ALL really desire, is what is BEST for this country and its people.

Realising those desires is not easy with the state of politics being what it has descended to.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote