View Single Post
Old 26-07-2015, 12:39 PM #24
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post
Surprisingly CBB15 lost the most from launch to final as the last week was oddly a low week when just a week prior to the final it was getting 3.4-3.5m. Still don't get that.

Meanwhile CBB13 still remains the only series since BB7 to actually gain from launch to final.BB1-BB3, BB5-BB7 are only series in the entire history of BB to gain from launch to final, and CBB13 finally joined them, and became (I think) the only CBB series to do it. I don't have the CBB4 final and launch numbers so maybe CBB4 did it too.

BIB 1 -

I think the reason the ratings dropped during the last week of CBB15 was because it just became too draining and repetitive to watch with Hopkins and Hilton being shoved down our throats at every given opportunity by the producers. It became the spitting image of the draining conflict that dominated BB15 and CBB14 - two bad series, which both happened to rate badly. Hence, why the ratings were considerably lower during the last week of CBB15. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Jump on during the last week of CBB15?, so maybe competition - although I remember the Jump airing before BB, so maybe not. I do think that awful Bombshell eviction thing wasn't good for ratings, either. Especially having a show at 8pm, which gained about 1.7m. Not to mention the last week of CBB15 was in February - the first time ever for CBB, as it usually ends late January, so maybe that had something to do with it.

BIB 2 -

BB4 also gained from launch to final. BB4 launched with 7.05m and ended with 7.23m viewers - a 180k gain.

Also, CBB1, CBB3, and CBB4 gained from launch to final as well. So CBB13 wasn't the first/only to do so.

CBB1 launched with 4.6m and ended with 5.7m viewers - a 1.1m gain.
CBB3 launched with 5.4m and ended with 5.8m viewers - a 400k gain.
CBB4 launched with 6.7m and ended with 7.3m viewers - a 600k gain.

No series post BB7, has gained from launch to final, except CBB13. Which is quite an achievement - considering that was almost a decade earlier. I think CBB5 had something to do with finals rating lower than launches. CBB5 launched with 7.3m and ended with 5.3m - a 2m loss. Since then, every series has gained lower in the final than in the launch, including BB.

Last edited by Jason.; 26-07-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote