View Single Post
Old 27-07-2015, 08:33 AM #3

Hi Kaz,

Sincere thanks folr 'missing me'. I am genuinely touched.

I have tried to steer clear of Serious Debates because I feel I no longer have anything of value to say - well, anything which is valued on there, I suppose but I have also been working hard on the rear garden of this property which was once an attractive lawned garden with flower borders etc, but was/is in an appalling condition after being neglected/trashed (like the house itself) by the last tenants.

It is a 3 bed 2 bathroom detached and the twats scarpered owing thousands in rent and left the place in an atrocious state. I have spent the best part of a year (on and off) refurbing the interior and though not finished, have moved on to the exterior to take advantage of the 'good'? weather.

The worst thing the bastards did (notice how polite I'm being in not using swearwords? ) was chop down a mature conifer hedge revealing a ghastly mess of broken down boundary walls, missing/decayed fence panels, and steeply sloping useless banks which were overrun with huge nettles, brambles, thistles and other giant weeds. The 'dead' branches of the reverse of the neighbour's own conifer hedge was also left on view.

I am on a strict budget and working completely alone but love outdoor work so it is a 'labour of love' so to speak and it keeps me fit and oh so young (I will always be dashingly handsome whether I work or not. )

I think some Tibbies might find this thread interesting because I am using the uttermost crap and rubbish and sand and cement mortar to form boulders and rocks for a pond with waterfalls and to 'tier' the 'unusable' slopes. I am also installing a large decked area and covered 'gazebo' for the barbecue etc. - all out of second hand (cheap) materials.

I know that the average Tibbie can do what I am doing so they might find this useful if they want to transform their own gardens or add features at low cost. I will be only too happy to offer advice if they do decide to 'have a go'.

Mastering this 'image posting' business is my biggest challenge but I will persevere.

Stay tuned.

xx Kirk.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 27-07-2015 at 08:39 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote