View Single Post
Old 20-08-2015, 09:41 AM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
That makes it sound as if the hackers were trying to do Ashley Madison customers a favour by punishing the site for not deleting their information but this leaking of all their details screws over the people signed up more than Ashley Madison not deleting their details does
it was a harsh way to expose corruption, just like all leakers, like chelsea manning, or edward snowden exposing a lot of stuff that wasn't corrupt, to expose something larger. when they make a big data dump, they expose a lot of innocent people that are not bad people in order to expose the bigger entities behind it.

i agree with you though, i don't know if it was the right thing to do. i'm just explaining the reasoning behind the hackers. i'm not necessarily agreeing with it.

the bottom line is that Ashley Madison should have deleted their information. and protected their members, and then the hackers could never have gotten it.

All internet companies need to protect the people who have accounts. They need to spend more money and time on security.

Last edited by lostalex; 20-08-2015 at 09:47 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote