BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
We have a moral obligation to accept as many refugees as we possibly can, especially since the iraq war and bombings in Syria are widely considered to be the root cause for these people to be displaced in the first place.

It's a humanitarian crisis, we shouldn't be looking at whether or not it economically benefits us.
I agree and the UK particularly should be looking at the mess we helped create and leave in place in Libya too.

These people are 'not' in the main economic or personal migrants, they are refugees fleeing harm and likely death in the troubled and war torn Nations.

Throwing money at the problem is not helping clearly that much, odd on this issue,this govt says throwing money is a good thing but to save things like the NHS they should not be throwing money at that.

We have the poorest PM in Europe in my view, a man who says much and does near nothing, he has to be dragged kicking and screaming or shamed into doing the right and/or decent thing.
Slowly he is being made to on this issue, never before from all I have seen or read,have I come to the conclusion that the UK has had such bad and weak leadership in the World from its Prime Minister and govt and we have now.
Thankfully some Conservative MPs have had enough too of his procrastination and saying more needs to be done.

Again JoshBB, I agree with your whole post,that is exactly what we should be doing.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote