Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
Like Dr Frankenstein who created the monster 'Frankenstein', BB/BOTS have helped create a monster in Aisleyne. Of course she is ultimately responsible for her own actions, but it's BB and BOTS who for far too long have indulged and even applauded her spiteful verbal attacks on people, encouraged her angry ego, goaded her into being some kind of BB 'people's warrior' and ultimately made her feel like she can get away with being supremely nasty all because she is this untouchable BB 'legend'.

She was always a bit nasty, but it was the way everyone cheered and encouraged her spitefulness last summer in BB16 that's really caused her ego to swell to new heights. The only reason so many people DID get behind Aisleyne and cheer on her aggression last summer was because she was directing it at Helen. Of course Helen has a lot of haters in the BB fan world, so they all got behind Aisleyne as their anti-Helen hero. If she was being THAT nasty about any other HM then SHE would be seen as the villain, not the 'hero', but as long as it was about Helen then it was 'ok' for her to be that mean as often as she wanted. And boy did she milk it, to the sound of applause.

Trouble is Aisleyne is just as bad, if not worse than Helen, so the BB encouragement of her aggression has created a monster in her, thinking that the public loved her and she could do no wrong has only made her 10x worse as we saw last night when her aggression has now turned from the verbal to the physical; not even as a HM inside the BB house and all it's pressures but simply in one night on the BOTS panel!

Trouble is, Helen was made to apologise for her aggressive language in BB16(even though she only really said that ONE bad thing). Aisleyne however was never once asked to apologise or even recognise HER own verbal aggression in BB16, even though she said LOADS of spiteful and offensive things. This is not only unfair, but unfortunately as a result has made Aisleyne feel untouchable about her aggressive stance. So now thinking that the public all love her as this BB 'Dragonslayer', she has directed all her 'ghetto anger' not onto Helen now, but onto this new season's BB 'bad guy' - Farrah.

She thought 'they loved me being nasty to Helen, so if i now take on their new BB 'bad guy' Farrah, they will love me even more!!'

The encouragement from BB, BOTS etc, cheering on her aggression, never questioning her aggression in BB16 has made her feel invincible to the point where it's spun out of control and now an innocent bystander (Vicki Michelle) has been physically harmed.

If Aisleyne had been made to apologise or even recognise her own verbal aggression in BB16 the way that Helen did, then she would have been taken down a peg or two and it would have quietened her whole act down. She would not have come bowling out with the same dangerous confidence she had last night, thinking that 'the BB production team and audience will love me if I go HARD on Farrah' and then maybe, quite possibly, she would have been more measured in her attitude, she wouldn't have ramped it up from verbal to physical and just maybe Vicki Michelle would not be harmed today.

Trouble is everyone says 'it's pantomime'. Sadly BB and BOTS are no longer about the subtlety and the complex individuals all on an equal level like it used to be. These days it's all about 'Good guy vs Bad guy'. It's that basic now. Every series it's about 'Quick! Let's all find someone we can boo!'. Eammon Holmes set the tone this year right off the bat, saying Farrah was horrible and 'thick' and everyone on BOTS cheered him, even before she'd said a word! They couldn't wait to find their new 'hate' figure, even when they didn't yet have a valid reason!

Aisleyne cashed in on that like she did with Helen; taking on the 'bad guy' just so she could cheat her way into looking like a hero by default. But it's a bit like Darth Vader taking on The Penguin and The Joker. One villain attacking another. The only difference is that BB and BOTS have let her get away with her aggression and villainy even though it's just as bad as Helen and Farrah at their worst.

And now someone's been actually physically hurt as a result of that whole summer of blind, biased encouragement of Aisleyne.

Not only that but BOTS had her on the same show as Farrah, even after her tweet to Nicola McClean about throwing champagne at Farrah! All for what? Ratings? Money? Poor Vicky Michelle getting caught up in the crossfire of THAT. It's not 'pantomime' when it all turns real to the point of needing medical attention for someone innocent.

What a sad, circus of hatred and blatent, blind hypocrisy this show has become. Yeah I still watch it and love aspects of it, but I've been saying for ages how the BB hate mob are getting to be too much. I'm not surprised it all finally exploded last night when you trace back the roots of how and why Aisleyne felt justified and that it was 'ok' to goad Farrah and then throw champagne at her.

In that light, I think BB and BOTS owe Vicky Michelle a HUGE apology.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote