View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 07:57 PM #9
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
We don't test for the benefit of the child; this is all about league tables and the policing of schools. Schools that come high on the league table, (the schools most parents want their children to attend) are constantly rehearsing their pupils towards key stage tests. I just think its ridiculous to structure a child's education around these demands.

Sometimes it feels like our children are being battery farmed.
Hmm. We recently found out (collective passing of information between parents on FB, coming in bits and pieces from kids) that the kids have been being taken out of class from time to time to do various tests. It's all very cryptic today, with certain kids going three days in a row then never again, others told they had "done fine" and had only ever done one test, and other kids having them maybe once a week. The kids never get the results of these tests or any sort of scoring, and the parents aren't told anything about them AT ALL.

I can only imagine it is indeed for some sort of league tabling? Perhaps to identify educational difficulties - but why wouldn't that info be shared with parents? It's all very weird, anyway. I'm pretty sure we could get the results through a freedom of information request anyway? I assume that right falls to the guardian of a minor...
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote