View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 05:34 AM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Hmm. We recently found out (collective passing of information between parents on FB, coming in bits and pieces from kids) that the kids have been being taken out of class from time to time to do various tests. It's all very cryptic today, with certain kids going three days in a row then never again, others told they had "done fine" and had only ever done one test, and other kids having them maybe once a week. The kids never get the results of these tests or any sort of scoring, and the parents aren't told anything about them AT ALL.

I can only imagine it is indeed for some sort of league tabling? Perhaps to identify educational difficulties - but why wouldn't that info be shared with parents? It's all very weird, anyway. I'm pretty sure we could get the results through a freedom of information request anyway? I assume that right falls to the guardian of a minor...
..I don't know the system in Scotland or if the exams they're doing are SATs or SATS equivalents but parents are informed of the results with us..it's usually something that goes out with annual reports, as well as any other tracking data...

...but no, they don't 'identify educational difficulties/needs' at all, in some cases, they're completely misleading...

..anyways, SATs are just data collecting and tracking/projecting really...the expected and the exceeded, type thing and are completely pointless, I don't personally know of anyone/teaching staff or parent, who agree that these tests are needed or who see any value in them whatsoever ...we were talking about this in a staff meeting yesterday/the new 7yr old one proposed for 2017..they've only just changed them from only just changing them previously and now they're intending to only just change them again...so even they're struggling to find any value in them, then....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote