View Single Post
Old 30-12-2015, 08:13 AM #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..well it just doesn't make for any logic to me, that so much money would be spent on tearing a piece of stone down, which changes nothing about the past..rather than be used to build something that would make a difference to a present and a future..whatever it's source, that scholarship funding still did the same thing for some and gave them something that they wouldn't have had otherwise...something good, something positive..maybe it's just the way I see things but if someone provided sanitation/clean water etc for a village and food and clothing and education etc...something they didn't have at all and that person's money had come from 'not great things' and they weren't great people etc...would it make any difference to the people in that village and what it brought to them..when people donate to charities etc, do we know how those donations came about and does it make any difference to those whose lives are changed for the better....'bad money' can still do good and positive things and surely it did ...

..anyways, I read that it was being considered and hadn't been refused outright so we'll see...
Superbly put Ammi.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote