View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 05:50 PM #1939
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Since I rewatched The First Avenger the other night I thought I'd give the sequel another watch as well. It's a brilliant movie,
Spoiler:

especially with the revelations about Hydra that affected the MCU as a whole (and still do). The scene with Steve and an elderly Peggy still tugs the heartstrings, their story is so tragic. </3

I do prefer the original (which has an advantage by being set in the 1940s and having more Peggy) but this is still a great movie and probably my next favourite MCU movie entry after The First Avenger.

8/10
U mad bro? Winter Soldier is better than First Avenger in basically every way, IMO. I do like it better than I used to, after winter soldier and the avengers movie, than I did on release... Which leads me to think that maybe Cap isn't very well established as a character in that film? I feel the same about the first Thor. Much more enjoyable after seeing Avengers 1 and Thor 2.

In contrast, the first Iron Man is easily my fav Tony Stark appearance... And Ant Man is also pretty spot on as an origin movie.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote