View Single Post
Old 18-01-2016, 06:18 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
That's some pretty misleading rhetoric there Kirk, only something like 7% of the working age population are unemployed. 90%+ in employment. Yes, fewer than 50% of the population works, but the vast majority of the other 50% are children and the elderly. With most of the children being supported by their parents and a large chunk of the elderly being supported by non-state pension funds and savings and investments.
I don't disagree with your points here T.S., but I'm referring to those in actual 'Private' sector employment versus those in the 'Public' sector and those in receipt of benefits, those on any of the plethora of 'Further Education' schemes - bogus or genuine - those in the Military Services, those who work in our NHS, Fire and Police Services , our Education Services, those in Prisons or other 'Penal' institutions etc etc.

Just to be perfectly clear, lest certain people pounce; I am not denigrating ANY of the above people, and I realise that those in the above categories pay tax, but that does not alter the fact that the entire incomes of the above are funded in the first place by taxes paid by those in the Private Sector.

Just the cost of Civil Service Pensions for 2006 - 2007 was £128 billion, up by £27 billion from the year before and rising year in year out.

Another point, is that I am not addressing any disparity or unfairness in Salaries, Benefits, Wages etc, nor making comment on such - just pointing out that if one REALLY analyses the situation - then they will see that those employed in the Private Sector ARE funding a greater percentage of the populace who are NOT employed in the Private Sector.

Further; my point was only one of several to help illustrate, that BECAUSE of the above facts, and the fact that the AVERAGE ordinary working person in this country has increasingly LESS and LESS disposable income (if any at all) - Just WHERE do those who advocate FREE FOR ALL OPEN DOOR IMMIGRATION think the money to PAY for such charity is going to come from?

This is not a morality question merely an economic one - WE SIMPLY CANNOT AFFORD AN IMMIGRATION 'FREE FOR ALL'.

This country is ailing - and any additional funds necessary for any attempt to merely alleviate the suffering let alone fund a cure, can only be raised by one or more of only FOUR options:

1) Government BORROWING from outside sources.
2) Government 'Cut-Backs' in domestic spending.
3) Higher Direct Taxation.
4) More indirect taxation - 'Stealth' taxes, VAT etc.

I'll leave the last word to Brecht:

“Food comes first and then morality".

Last edited by kirklancaster; 18-01-2016 at 06:20 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote