BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
UKIP is but one of many sources which helps me form my opinion on the EU, and you have the right to be as dissmissive as you like on the reliability of their - or any other pro-Brexit data - but my challenge to have an honest, mature debate on the validity of Josh's statement that we "Get more out of the EU than we put in" is open to you or any other pro-EU member.

It should be fun.
Indeed but I have yet to hear anything positive at all from UKIP as to the EU.
They present te U as having no positives.
I accept there are positives and negatives to being in the EU and I feel that is what people really need to hear and see presented,not just out at any cost and all is wrong in the EU from UKIP.

In fact if UKIP had a softer approach to the EU, I could well easily admire a great deal of what they stand for and especially as to social policy and supporting UK industry too,the main content of this thread.

We probably get more out of being in the EU across the board as to benefits of being in, however it may well be the case, if we could ever get a true picture that we pay too much into the EU.

No media in the UK will present that fair balance and most Political Parties are soundly for or against the EU except for the 2 main Parties at present,wherein in both debate does still go on by pro EU members and sceptics as to relations with the EU in a more 'open' sense of overall looking at both benefits and problems of being in the EU.
Hence the PMs efforts to get at least some reforms or extras for the UK.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote