Thread: Jobseekers
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 02:06 PM #3
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z View Post
I've admitted defeat and filled out a form for JSA this morning - I applied for it back before I had my last job and it was one of the lower points in my life (though the woman I dealt with was absolutely lovely, nothing to do with that) just because of the number of hoops you jump through to get not even £60 a week that in my opinion almost distracts from job hunting because you have to prove that you're actually looking for work instead of just getting it... anyway, they seem to have changed the application since I last applied, they now want me to provide wage slips of all the people I live with when I've only just moved in and do not know the Italian guy we live with... how ridiculous is that and what on earth does that have to do with my application? It's a joke...

Anyway, my problem is that I want a permanent job, and failing that, a temp job that isn't in bloody sales and marketing which is 90% of all jobs out there on websites... so I've had an interview with a company I want to work for and have another one with them tomorrow for a different job within the company, I've also had an interview with a sales company and decided it wasn't for me even though I was invited to a second interview... so it's not that I can't get work, it's just I want to find a good job before I submit to taking any old thing and get sucked into working 35-45 hours a week and don't have the time or energy to find a good job like before... but of course if you apply for JSA, you're no longer able to pick and choose what you do, which is why I've put it off for so long but I'm at a point now where my savings are going to run out before I can pay all the bills I owe so I need money to start coming in ASAP... just feeling a bit down about everything, wondering if anyone else on here's been through the JSA thing and had any tips for keeping their head up? I did it once before but I got my job almost as soon as I got my first payment through so I didn't really have to do any of the stuff they wanted me to do like keeping a diary etc...

...so you could be offered a job before you have to apply then, Z../you have another interview with the same company tomorrow...?...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote