Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z View Post
I found that in my last job (an agency contract job) I would go to work every day and not really be arsed with job hunting at night because I had other things I wanted to do (gym, see friends, relax, whatever) and so sleepwalked through 14 months to where I am now, unemployed again. I know it's not really logical but I just know how I am, I settle into things and I'm always content with what I have, so if I get any old job I'll end up sticking with it even if it's not really doing anything for my future prospects (e.g. saving money, progressing in a career, starting a pension or going on holidays or making financial commitments like getting a car or a mortgage) and it's difficult to find permanent employment vs finding temporary employment where they want you in ASAP but can also get rid of you ASAP... so my problem is I've yet to find a job of my choosing that I've been offered, still waiting to hear back about the one I interviewed for two weeks ago and have another interview tomorrow... but these are for permanent positions in a large organisation and they take time to get back to you/don't at all, and I can't wait around for a maybe and need to keep looking...

Whereas with JSA you get a little bit of money every week even if you have to jump through hoops for it, £60 is better than £0 after all, I still have bills to pay and I'm burning through my savings... Life sucks

My parents wouldn't help if I asked so haven't bothered lol
I see where you are coming from you get stuck in a rut, fingers crossed you get one of the jobs you have applied for
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote