Thread: Jobseekers
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 05:01 PM #11
Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Are you sure that you put on the form that you're not related to flat mates? It's strange that they would ask for their payslips.

I understand about not wanting any old job. Way back when I hated the jobs they offered. But I used to just put that I applied for them and applied for the ones that I actually wanted. I think after a certain time if you still haven't found a job then they put you on a 9-5 course for a week where they help with cv, job hunt, interview techniques etc but I think that's 3-6 months down the line. Thankfully I never got to that stage. As long as you put something in the book they give you for now, they won't cut your money. Hang in there, don't be too hard on yourself. You want to work and are trying to find work. You'll find what you're looking for.

Also as Kizzy said, it can be soul destroying especially if the people at the job centre are disrespectful and work hard to make your brief visit miserable, BUT, while you have all that free time you can also make plans about what you want to do with your life because once you find work all you think about is work work work. As you said yourself you hardly have time for much when you work.

Last edited by Ithinkiloveyoutoo; 08-02-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Ithinkiloveyoutoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote