Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Off topic, I know, but I - genuinely - believe MelihV, that a hell of a lot of people who hate on LGBT's, do so because they are closeted and denying something deep within themselves which they do not want to face, and every time they see a gay person, they are being forced to look in a mirror at that suppressed, denied reality.

I admire your courage and tenacity and determination, and assure you that you will see beneficial changes MelihV - it is getting better, slowly, but surely, and the tide is turning.

I think a lot of it is growing up in an enviroment where there are'nt many if any lgbt people to mix with.So an ignorance.When i went to school the worst thing anybody could call you was a ******.If there was any gay people then they stayed very quiet about it.I was quite closed minded about it when i first left school.It was'nt until later when i worked with gay people and went into gay clubs etc that i opened my mind.I literally went from avoiding gay people at all costs to sitting in a night club sharing a joint with a transexual
I think some lgbt haters may still be in the closet.Specially in the western world where there are loads of lgbt people to mix with but i think in places like Turkey it's probably mainly ignorance that is the problem aswell as what you say.People have closed minds and maybe a fear of things they don't understand.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote