View Single Post
Old 17-02-2016, 08:47 AM #22
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee. View Post
If I had to choose between paying higher taxes/living a bleaker life or my son dying to cancer, I know which option I'd go for. It's a hideous disease that destroys families; cancer doesn't discriminate, it doesn't just victimise the old or infirm, it also picks on the young and innocent who deserve a chance at life.
..I totally agree with this, Lee...I haven't experienced what you have and the reality of the possibility of losing a child but I've know very many families who have and (as you've said before a few times..)..it's not just something that effects at the time you're all going through it, it has such a long term effect on families..(fortunately not so much with the child themselves as they move on from the treatment and are well again..)...I know a parent who had two of her children diagnosed with leukaemia, within weeks of each other, they're both well now and completely clear and their lives are like any other young life/filled with the things that they should be filled with...their mum does many fund raising things still and has also achieved personal 'spiritual' things through this/self-awareness and fulfilment things..like climbs/walks etc all over the world....fund raising for any break-through treatments is also a thing as well and something we can all do, whether personally touched by or not...and yeah, through the tax system of course, could be something for the Governments to consider../in many countries because cancer is worldwide obviously, it doesn't discriminate any geography...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote