Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

My worries on this referendum are now we are not going to get that much time to digest what the PM does get and then really go into the massive elements of the whole EU process.
We will not get a balanced and fair presentation from the media and for those who really are confused by it all,and that may be the majority even,how they will come to make a decision as to how to vote,or even if they will bother, I don't know.

Late last year,I and some friends found 100 people who would vote to leave and 100 people who would vote to stay in.
It's not scientific by any means but of the 100 who would vote to leave,90 would be sure to go and vote for same no matter when a referendum was held.
Whereas of the 100 who would vote to stay only 65 would be sure to vote for same no matter when the referendum was held.

I see a real risk of the UK sleepwalking out of the EU.
Which is why I think the referendum should have been held at least when council elections were being voted on but preferably at a general election to maximise the turnout as much as possible.

That is not going to be the case now obviously and so for me this is something as a result that is up in the air,which could even end up going against the majority wishes of the UK too as to who actually bothers to make the effort to vote at all.

Last edited by joeysteele; 17-02-2016 at 10:22 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote