View Single Post
Old 23-02-2016, 05:36 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninastar View Post
I would just do it. I only came out to my family a few months ago, and whilst it was so awkward for a few weeks, I couldn't be happier now. I then came out on facebook properly about 2 weeks ago and my god, the feedback and love I got back was just incredible. I've never felt so loved in my life... lol.

I didn't ever tell my family face to face that I was gay though. My mum asked me if a girl I was seeing was my girlfriend, which took me completely off guard and I tried to deny it at first and then she said 'I don't care, I love you either way' and I just said that it was complicated because I liked her and wasn't sure how she felt about me. And then we just text the rest of the conversation.

My mum told my sisters (even tho they pretty much already knew) and then one of my sisters told my dad. I've only ever really told one person face to face that I'm gay and that was after I told my family, lol.

My only piece of advice for you is that you don't come out unless it's safe to do so. I'm sure your parents will love you regardless. Its probably the scariest thing you will ever have to do, I wont lie, but once you do, you feel so proud and happy and you can finally be yourself and that is something totally indescribable. Make this year, your year! xx
Thankyou, and well done for being brave and doing it! I'm glad people have been accepting- I have no doubt my family will have no problem, particularly the people that really matter to me.
AProducer'sWetDream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote