View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 07:36 AM #152
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
If he is innocent and doesn't want his rep ruining he should stop being stubborn and just release her from the contract. Why would he still want to work with her if she lied about it?
I agree in principle but I can see Sony/his point as well that they shouldn't be forced to let someone out of a major contract because they've kicked up a fuss over unsubstantiated claims - I know that makes Sony look terrible for potentially excusing rape and abuse but nothing has been proven in court and that means that it's just as likely that Kesha's making it all up to get out of her contract; they claim that they've offered to let her work without him but she's not happy with that because he'll still profit from her work, she wants to have nothing to do with him... which is fair enough if you believe her, but if you don't then it means his only high profile consistent selling act has stopped working for the last few years and is determined to leave him and spitefully make sure he doesn't get any of the profits of her future work, thus taking away any kind of money spinning from him and probably killing his label in the process.

So even if he doesn't want to work with her either, they have contract law binding them together and it's more complicated than just mutually not wanting to work together again; she's the only major selling artist signed to his label, he's not going to give up on that without a fight and tbh her refusing to work until she's free of him IS her choice which, depending on your viewpoint, either makes her principled and worthy of support or is petulant and proves she's just trying to destroy his career... it's a really interesting case.

Last edited by Z; 03-03-2016 at 07:37 AM.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote