I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default George Shelley quits Union J, accuses them of being jealous.

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news...breaking-split

George Shelley is out of Union J – and the gloves are off as both sides openly blame each other for the split.

A spokesperson for Shelley has confirmed to Digital Spy that he is longer with Union J, in the wake of the group publicly announcing that they are looking for a new member.

"​It was a mutual decision for George to leave Union J so he could focus on his broadcasting and acting career​," ​Shelley​'s representative told us

The Shelley​ statement continued: "​He is now a regular part of the Capital FM Breakfast Show, hosted the Brits Red Carpet Live and recently completed shooting on BBC3's Murder in Successville.

"He is an utterly charming and hard working individual - not a diva in the slightest.

"The fact of the matter is that the other members of Union J are simply jealous he has achieved the start of an exciting new career and they have not.

"George had agreed to be totally magnanimous towards them, but unfortunately this has not been reciprocated."

​In Union J's own blistering statement, member Jaymi Hensley​ admitted to The Sun that he feels "bitter" about the divide: "It's heart-breaking. I spoke to him the other day and I said I'm heartbroken over this. I am absolutely devastated. This is taking up all my time and affecting my home life.

"It brings us down. When you turn up to something and the other person can't be there, or they are turning up late. That makes you not love the project. One negative view can ruin it for everyone."

Josh Cuthbert also complained that George's "head space was different" ever since he became a breakout star on I'm a Celebrity last autumn.

"Using a sporting analogy, he wanted to turn up to the big matches but not turn up to training," Cuthbert said.

When Jaymi added that, in the end, George didn't want to "take the jump" with Union J, bandmate Josh quipped: "He may be in The Jump next year, though!"

Digital Spy has reached out to representatives for Union J for additional comment.

Union J have already been removed from Shelley's Twitter bio, and just yesterday George was hinting on Instagram at potential new music.

Although George Shelley has been a key member of the boyband, he was not actually in the original lineup.

Josh Cuthbert, JJ Hamblett and Jaymi Hensley were first known as Triple J, prior to their X Factor audition in 2012

Since their fourth-place finish on the ITV talent show, Union J have released two albums and amassed four UK top-ten hits.

Shelley struck out on his own to enter the jungle last year for ITV's I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! – winning a whole new group of fans on his quest to finishing as runner-up.

He's more recently received waves of public support for saying that he's been in love with both men and women in the past – while stressing that he doesn't wish to put an "old-fashioned" label on his sexuality.

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Last edited by Denver; 03-03-2016 at 11:39 PM.
Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote