View Single Post
Old 13-03-2016, 12:55 AM #164
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete. View Post
He hasn't been behaving like an innocent man would though. Shouldn't he just let Kesha go to stop the negativity. He's clearly got some weird hold/obsession over her.

Anyway it's not like he was short of work, but he's ruined his career now
Is it a weird hold or is it a businessman trying to protect his business interests? Take this situation and apply it to two made up people instead: Person A has a business, Person B wants to work for that business. Person A offers Person B a contract that says you will work for me and only me, you will do as I say. Person B signs it and they start making lots of money together. Person A runs out of ideas for Person B and starts focusing on other employees. Person B doesn't like this, wants out and suddenly realises that the contract they so willingly signed years ago isn't such a good thing anymore and kicks up a huge fuss that gets everyone else noticing and interested.

Nobody knows if the rape allegations are true but Kesha and Luke and it's not fair to turn Luke into this hate figure when we know literally nothing about it. I do believe Kesha but I don't think anyone in Luke's position would be behaving any differently regardless of whether her rape accusations are true or false - he signed her to his label and turned her into a star, she's his most successful act. Why should he just let her walk away after she's ruined his public image? It makes no business sense and she's personally gone out of her way to drag his name through the dirt, so again, either way, he has no reason to do her any favours and I get the feeling he'd rather kill her career as she's killed his than let her go and start again.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote