View Single Post
Old 21-03-2016, 06:48 PM #57
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-X View Post
Two schools in my town are both academy's and out of about 20-25 schools in the local area, those two have the worst reputation by quite some way. I think both were forced into academy status though after the government called funding off due to depleting percentages in pass rates, so I think they already had a bad reputation before hand.
..they would get some government funding, even if they were Academy Schools, Daniel but it sounds as though they maybe should have considered being in a multi academy, rather than stand alone ones..if they're stand alone academies, then yeah I do think that they're going to struggle a lot, regardless..as you say, they sound as though they were under-performing before and I think that multi academy trusts can be specially good in that situation..the whole purpose in them really, to be able to pool and draw from resources/staff etc of those higher performing schools and raise the standards of the under-performing so that all children in the trust from varying individual school performances are given the same, equal opportunities...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote