View Single Post
Old 26-03-2016, 08:16 AM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Good behaviour should be the norm to be expected as to going to Prison.

I think however we need a change as to sentencing in the UK,there are people in Prison for financial crimes which to me is ridiculous,far better to make them work to pay back even some finance to the organisation or individual that lost out,rather than spend absolutely large amounts of funds to keep them in Prison.

Also, new guidelines and a reform of sentencing to take into account at the time of trial and sentencing, if the defendant has wasted time as to the Courts or been fully cooperative as is the case now.
Maybe though with a reduction as to sentencing except for murder and very serious violent crimes.

Then that original sentence should be the time to be served but then if a Prisoner commits bad behaviour while in prison, then they risk the sentence being increased.

the law and sentencing really is ridiculous at present for some crimes.
There are? I know debtors prisons or on the up in some states in America but they tend to be for unpaid criminal fines and lack of attendance in court. In the UK we don't have debtors prisons unless this is something very recent?