View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 01:55 AM #20
Namaste

Namaste

Just watched the last episode.

Spoiler:

Chronos being Mick all along was a nice twist (one I wish I hadn't accidentally spoiled for myself before watching ).

I loved seeing Ra's al Ghul again. His story in Arrow wasn't my favourite but I always enjoyed him as a character, just wish he had a better arc to work with. I also liked it for the sake of the different shows really retaining the shared universe vibe (yes it's a show with most of the main cast comprised of characters from Arrow and The Flash but I still really enjoy other characters from those shows popping up ). Another aspect of it I liked was that, apart from Sara and Ray, none of the others had met Ra's yet so it was cool to see some new character interactions (and Ra's being confused by Firestorm was great ).

The inclusion of Talia al Ghul was interesting too (a lot of people seemed to assume Nyssa was basically a composite of both of them), I wonder if we'll see an older Talia eventually in one of the shows. I remember during season 2 of Arrow there was a theory going around that Isabel Rochev might have been Talia for some reason. Of course I don't think that's likely anymore but it's ironic that she ended up being killed by Nyssa.

Although this does pose the question, back in Arrow season 3 when Nyssa was seeking vengeance for Sara's murder, did Ra's always know she would eventually be resurrected?

One small gripe I have with the show is the sometimes heavy handed references (like Ray mentioning several times how he's been held prisoner at Nanda Parbat before or Sara and Kendra unnecessarily reminding us at the end that they've both died before ). It's nothing too distracting though, I'm still really enjoying this!

Last edited by Lostie!; 04-04-2016 at 02:08 AM.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote