View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 05:11 AM #21
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..Good Will Hunting...

Spoiler:

..I found it really difficult not to feel extremely emotional through parts of the movie...obviously because of Robin Williams himself but also because it seemed even more poignant now in thinking that how his character felt about his wife would maybe be how his own wife could be feeling..and also with my own mum because she's never been able to get beyond my dad's death and losing him...the part where he told Will the little funny story and then said that with the millions of funny/lovely memories etc, what he felt most was the sadness of her death...just heart-breaking and something that many people would relate to...also such an intense moment in it when they both shared their 'parent' stories, which finally 'released Will' from so much...

...re- watching it also reminded me of how much it was one of those movies that felt a little 'un-finished' in that it left you wondering how his life was going to be in choosing love as it were...would his gift still be something that was part of his life as well, would it all work out for him and Skylar etc...and I always think it's such a good sign when I get so absorbed and involved in characters like that...great movie, great cast and a general 9/10 on the film scale, I think...

Last edited by Ammi; 09-04-2016 at 05:12 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote