CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
I think it's doing a good job so far, the way they clearly show how blacks are willing to completely ignore the facts and just support a black man because he's black is really well done, and very relevant to a lot of what's been going on in the media lately when it comes to black criminals.

it's a very relevant case, and people need to be more conscious of how the black lives matter movement has nothing to do with justice, and everything to do with just black anger.

one of the most poignant moments for me was when there were people cheering for OJ on the highway, and a reporter asks one of the cheering black guys "why are you cheering for Oj? and he responds "we aren't cheering for OJ, we are booing the LAPD" and she then responds, "that's not what it sounds like"....

i wish black people that really care about racial justice realized how bad they come across when they cheer for criminals and murderers, and think that is the same as booing the corruption in the police force. they ruin their own cause by cheering for criminals.
Wow. Thats quite a summation. This was in the 2nd episode as I recall, so while I was sitting in amazement at how much the actors looked like their real life counterparts, you were putting all this together.

The scene you're referring to is 3 seconds at the most and it was to introduce the Chris Darden character and juxtapose his role in the prosecution team with the views of the black community but instead you managed to see all of this.

I take it you watched all of it? Surely you'll have plenty to comment on how they redressed the balance or is this gonna be your only contribution to the thread?

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 18-04-2016 at 09:15 PM.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote