BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Osborne suggests that the average UK household will be £4,300 worse off in 2030 as a result of leaving the EU. Did this man not stop to think how close that figure is to the £4K per-household figure estimate of the actual cost of Osbourne’s needless austerity policies.... That was, apparently, a price worth paying.
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...terity-mistake
I rarely agree with Osborne,however as to his figures as to costs of leaving the EU, although probably slightly over exaggerated in my view, I agree with him that there must be substantial costs to the economy and therefore to UK households if the UK votes to leave.
He does have virtually at his fingertips all the info that would predict that so he can easily present it a more than strong likelihood.

As to austerity, there was never a need,in my opinion, for austerity to take place on the scale he did it,and in fact is still is doing it, that was a political choice of the political parties.
The 3 main ones anyway with the Conservatives,Labour and even the Lb Dems, all planning some forms of austerity cuts in 2010.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote