BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Moon View Post
I think that is the biggest problem with the Europhobes argument that they can't provide any type of guarantees at all so they have no choice but to attack the arguments of the other side of the debate and call them a fantasy, when they have more evidence to back them up.

In fact you could go as far saying it is the Europhobes that are living in a fantasy land where Britain is great again. A trading nation that ruled the sea and had a empire. Those days are gone and the world has changed. We no longer control large expanses of the world. Those nations have moved on and over the years we have slipped down the richest nation.

They say we will save £380 million a day, but the is reality we get part of that back. Then they claim that they will spend the money on everything and solve all the problems with the NHS, social care and everything else that needs money. When the money we save is just a drop in the ocean. There economics and spending plans for the money seem flawed.

Yes there is the question of migration into the UK and how that can be controlled to reasonable levels that nobody probably has an answer too in the Europhiles camp, but one has to remember the more people in the UK the more we produce and that adds to our GDP and the more tax the government gets to spend.

It is untrue that people come to the UK for benefits, in fact they often come because the pay is higher than at home and they speak and read English and not another European language. Most will be paying in more through the tax system than they take out and they work jobs that a lot of people wouldn't do. Many will return home as pay and job prospects improve in there own homeland. Lots just see us as a stepping stone to saving some money and working hard before returning home.

One of the reasons we pay into the EU more than we get out of the EU is so the poor counties can catch up economically though investment into infrastructure. Once they have caught up then coming to the UK will become far less attractive. That is happening Poland at the moment whose economy has growing as they modernise the country.

The thing nobody has mentioned yet is that there is a very very real prospect that the UK will be broken up by a out vote.

We know that most people in Scotland voted for a party that has strong desire to remain in the EU. That party which represents most Scotland are not going let the region leave the EU. They will demand another referendum and this time they will win. It one thing Europobes are scared to discuss or even mention.
Absolutely fantastic post full of all that the 'in' side only needs to keep saying too.
The 'in' side has no need to be scaremongering or giving out any 'dubious' figures.

I just hope enough listen and also read your post,maybe mine go on too long for most .
I also agree completely with the Scottish scenario,leaving the EU will open up a new major UK split which will further damage the economy of the UK overall too.

All we get from the 'out' side is negative after negative as to the EU with selective graphs, statistics and figures,rarely taking into account the returns too from the EU to the UK as you mentioned in your post.

This as I have said many times, is not just a decision for me personally or anyone else personally,this is a decision that will affect us all personally but it will also map out the future of the whole Nation too as well as the future generations too.
With absolutely nothing of any substance from the 'out' side and just about everything they say not supported across the board by major financial organisations, other Nations and even security and NATO as MTVN pointed out in his post earlier.
The out side then for me has not a credible leg to stand on.

Hopefully more and more will realise that and think really hard when making this vote as it cannot be overturned once made and done.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote